Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Summer is fading . . .

    Oh the title is all too true.  I feel my blissful summer fading away all too fast.  It has been a very relaxing and enjoyable summer.  I have filled my days with crafting, drawing (tangling) and home projects.  In between all of that I have read all I can get my hands on about teaching reading.  Okay, I know I have taught reading forever, but this year I am going to go deeper than ever before.
     This is my last full week of vacation with next week beginning our in-service time.  We have four wonderful days this year.  Seriously.  I am very excited about having four days to get ready for my kiddos.  Last year I think we had one or two.  Not fun.
     I plan on posting some pictures of my room as it develops and keep you informed on some of my classroom projects.  Right now this picture comes from my tablet and is not all school related.  Ah well.  I have discovered a fantastic painting program for my android tablet - Artflow.  I love being able to "paint" without pulling out all my messy supplies. 
      I've still got a lot to get ready for school.  I need to get some things cut for bulletin boards and such.  I can't really plan - at least not detailed - because I don't know who or what grades I will be working with.  That feels a bit strange because I am the sort who would have been planning all summer.  I enjoy lesson planning.  It is one of those things about teaching that I think is fun.  Strange, huh?
    I hope your summer is going great and I would love for you to join me on this reading adventure.  It is going to be new and exciting for me, but I am so looking forward to it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment