Thursday, August 22, 2013

Adventure - Day one

        While I am so sad to see summer gone - it is official as of 6:00 yesterday morning, I was so excited to see all my friends at school.  I work with an absolutely awesome group.  We are a staff that really feels like family most of the time.  Yes family doesn't always see eye to eye, but they are family.  Our administration provided breakfast for everyone then we took a short "being there" field trip.  Our entire faculty loaded onto a school bus ( a really nice air conditioned one) and went for a ride around the school zone.  I was very surprised at what area our zone covered.  Amazing.  It was also fun to see where our kiddos live.  It would have been fun to see them outside playing, but hey, I would be sleeping late if I could.
       I then had time to tackle my room.  Remember I moved rooms this year.  I had been in the old room for about 12 years, so I had a "few" things to locate.  Thought you might like to see my room as I walked into it yesterday morning.


     The absolute best thing about this room and what I love the most is all those cupboards.  Oh my!  It is almost as good as being in the art room with my own closet - almost.  I refer to my room as Siberia because it is so far away from the office and my old room, but I really am very fond of it already.  I spent the day shoving and moving all this stuff that you see.  I have decided that next summer, I am going to move my furniture in my home around once or twice a week just to get ready for the task at hand the first day of school, maybe then I won't be so sore!  I could hardly move last night.
     My room looks pretty good right now.  No boards are up, but they are all planned.  I hope to do that tomorrow - as today looks pretty meeting intensive.  I am sitting here in the early morning quiet, almost no one in the building and thinking about the days to come.  I hope for such a wonderful year.  I am so excited and really don't want anything to crowd out that feeling.  I know there will be hurdles.  I am prayerfully prepared for them.  I am looking forward to seeing the faces of my kids from last year.  I think that is the hardest thing right now, not having a group of my own to walk in and bond with.  Serving so many children, I hope for that connection.
      Have a great day and thanks for dropping by.  I will show you pictures of the room when it is finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment